Should i get a sereis 3 study guide? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Should i get a sereis 3 study guide?

Legendary Market Wizard
Chicago Illinois USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Broker/Data: IB, ToS
Favorite Futures: /ES, US Equities/Options

Usually I do not...

bid back the advice folks give, especially when not in an active conversation. BUT very little in the Series examination study material will prepare you for trading. Some info therein might be good background information and it won't hurt you to be exposed to exchange rule and market procedure. In this forum read the early days of the ES S&P 500 Spoo-nalisys thread found here:

https://futures.io/elite-circle/13452-elite-es-s-p-500-futures-contract-sp500-spoo-nalysis.html

The thread starter @tigertrader shares a rich, deep and expert analysis of markets and trading. When GAry is involved in the thread, the content is fantastic. When Gary is absent, I can't really say the same. (read follow tigertrader)

Elsewhere on the board you will find lots of excellent info and lots of hooey about systems, trades, methods and indicators. I very strongly recommend that you develop as much as possible on your own.

Dan

Neotradr View Post
Hi, I was advised to get a series 3 study guide to learn the basics of trading. Do you agree with this? And if so where can I get one? Mind you, I am NOT interested in becoming licensed, I just want to learn to trade.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote