Debating on Elite Membership; Need Indicators Coded in C++ | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Debating on Elite Membership; Need Indicators Coded in C++

Sydney Australia

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Rithmic API
Favorite Futures: ES CL

rszos View Post

I have came up with a discretionary system that I can paper trade for profits everyday, but when it comes to my real account, I vastly underperform.

its probably just the same on paper and real, but you have a high variance that you dont feel on paper.

its probably a good thing you dont automate it. your instincts are telling you something..... variance bad.

Quoting 
While I have tried to automate this system and have not been able to

why cant you automate it? can you not describe it? is it magical?

Quoting 
I need to get over the mental block there and would be looking for help to overcome it.

sorry this is not something someone with 15 years says. a 15 year mental block?

Quoting 
, there are other areas I would like to explore such as deep neural networks that I feel have real possibilities of profitable automation and would be willing to collaborate with others in this area, in addition to sharing any of my other experience and knowledge with those on the board.

noone is going to share their secret sauce with you. why are you looking at other possibilities when you have a sure fire method by the sounds of it.

Quoting 
It would be nice to be able to take a sneak peak at the Elite board like you can do with the books at Amazon; look at the Table of Contents and some sample pages from throughout to determine if the book is at the level or the topic you are looking for before you purchase. I have been at other boards such as the proprietary one for Neuroshell users, the quant-based Nuclear Phynance and other trading boards. Some are dead, others have gone from useful discussions to members just arguing with each other. The $100 isn't that big a deal, I'm just trying to get an idea if the board is the "right fit".

there is no special secret on the elite board. they are all nice helpful people with interesting journals. i bought it for the tick data originally.