Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review)

Super Moderator
Sarasota FL

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra Chart
Favorite Futures: ES, YM

emini2000 View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that if one looks at it objectively that TST or anyone like them make they money off the combines, not the traders trading their money. Having said that, I've always said 'it is what it is'. That isn't bad or good, or a 'ripoff'. They've found a model to profit off of traders' desires to be funded. It has to be strict by nature, and one could say that if you can't be successful within those parameters then maybe you don't have the skills to trade for a living. Or at least within the parameters they set for them to be profitable with you trading their money. It's their business model, it's how they have set it so they can make money (knowing that most aren't going to be profitable traders), and as I said, it is what it is. Not good or bad, or a ripoff

Pretty much agree.

Quoting 
As to your 'it's nobody's business what a trader makes', that's true, but I'm pretty convinced you don't see more publish, at least that have their shingles out as 'gurus' or those that run these rooms is because they just aren't profitable. I've been in this since the 90s. I've seen it all. I would say less than 1% if even that of all the rooms, etc, are scams. That's why you'll never see their trading results. Period.

I think you're being too nice to these guys runnng trading rooms. I'm pretty sure that none of them are profitable, or even trade. Why should they bother? There are much easier ways to make money.

bobwest View Post
As to anyone publishing their live trading results, almost no one will, because it really is no one else's business. You do see real-time publication of real results in some trading journals, but not many. Nor will you, so nothing will ever be resolved in this way.

Bob.

My comment about no one publishing their live results was directed at traders posting here on the FIO forum, not the world in general or the "gurus," and was just in agreement with @matthew28's remark that you don't see much reporting of live TST-backed trading results here (or any other trading results), and that you shouldn't be surprised about that. People do want to keep their private business private.

There are trading journals here on FIO where the trader openly discusses his/her results; some are SIM, some are live trading. You get more of that in the Elite section, where traders tend to be more serious in their degree of commitment to the community (not to say non-Elite members are necessarily not serious, and no criticism is meant to someone who is not Elite, which is obviously a personal choice.) But I think most traders aren't going to expose themselves to public scrutiny, and I can't blame them.

Most traders aren't even going to expose themselves to posting anything at all, and I can't really blame them for that either.

Bob.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to bobwest for this post: