Chart reading quandry | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Chart reading quandry

Dayton, Ohio

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS
Favorite Futures: GC, CL, Eurodollar

matthew28 View Post
Firstly, as you are live and trading decent size you are doing well, well done. Also you are doing a lot better than me as I am not trading live and therefore try never to give trading advice (So take any advice I offer now with a pinch of salt). If on this forum I answer somebody with something I think might be useful it tends to be fairly general but something I hope that most people after reading it would agree with. However as you asked directly it would be rude not to answer. ...

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm trading decent size, and doing alright, but the quick stair-step ups and downs have me tied in knots! Another one (actually more than one) happened today on /CLF8 (January '18 WTI crude) from 4:30 to 4:32 PM after the API report was released. I felt it wise to be an observer during the report release, as I will be tomorrow when the EIA report is released at 9:30 AM (ET).

A bit of news - this evening I found how to display DOM on one of my platforms, so I'm going to try watching it during the next session. Tomorrow I'll also look into the other resources you suggested, and thanks again.

The following user says Thank You to bulge for this post: