Chart reading quandry | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Chart reading quandry

Dayton, Ohio

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS
Favorite Futures: GC, CL, Eurodollar

Tymbeline View Post
Please forgive me for commenting (with helpful intentions!) that in my opinion, especially in the context of CL, this sits very, very uncomfortably indeed with the words "Futures Experience: Beginner" beneath your name.

Again, I don't mean it to sound as disparaging as it might, but I can't help wondering whether you might perhaps be asking a "bad question", here, because you're looking for ways to do something better, when in reality I suspect that "trying to do something completely different" is actually likely to be far more profitable and productive.

I think Matthew's and David's posts above ought to help you, also.

I couldn’t quote properly, so I’m sorry for not quoting your reply as posted.

First, I greatly appreciate your reply, tact and sensitivity - and take no offense (or offence ).

I think I understand where you’re coming from, but rest assured, I didn’t start with CL, it’s just where I am now.

I have built up from trading one lots to mostly ten to fifteen, with an occasional twenty.

I don’t understand what you mean by “better” vs “different” and would much appreciate more details/thoughts on that subject.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your thoughtful reply, and will diligently follow up on all suggestions.

The following user says Thank You to bulge for this post: