How would you start learning futures all over again if you had to? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

How would you start learning futures all over again if you had to?

Legendary market donator
Indianoplace, IN

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart
Broker/Data: CQG
Favorite Futures: Currencies

Excellent advice in the last two posts... I also agree with looking at higher timeframes, just now getting it into my head as well after being torn up in the lower timeframe action. There's just too much randomness, you have to be much more precise on your entries and exits, much less wiggle room for error. It will literally chop you into pieces (well, it's done it to me anyway.) Death by a thousand cuts... one step forward, two steps back.. however you choose to look at it.

@danielk, excellent post over on Gruttepier's journal, very eye-opening and reinforced exactly what I was thinking but absolutely not doing LOL. I believe higher timeframe swings are the way for me to go, and probably a lot easier for just about anyone trying to get into this business.

Disclaimer: I am still an absolute newbie to trading, and I'm making all the mistakes, but feel like I'm getting it out of my system and learning quickly. Just started trading live a little more than a month ago, some success but lots of tuition paid already LOL.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to Rrrracer for this post: