Asking about reading of VP | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Asking about reading of VP

Plovdiv/ Bulgaria

TradingTom View Post
I tried to compose an answer to help you further, but it is impossible to give you a single post answer that is even remotely complete...

If you are really interested and are willing to put in some work, I'd suggest you do some research on Market Auction Theory and Volume Profiling. Watch some webinars FuturesTrader71 has done on the topic and watch a lot of his daily TraderBite videos on youtube.
This will probably give you the best idea of what VP is really about and how it can be used for your trading.
Also check out the books bradhouser recommended by Peter Steidlmeyer.
Additionally there is somewhere a PDF from the CME floating around that gave an introduction to Market Profiling.

Then if you have some specific questions we can probably help you out better, but you have to understand that VP is a much more fluid concept than "if A, B, C then: BUY".

Ok, thanks a lot, maybe as a new its difficult to change the mind from technical analysis to OFA.
I will check the materials you and the others told.