Resting bids above market or offers below market? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Resting bids above market or offers below market?

North Carolina

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Favorite Futures: es

Right, primarily the idea has came to me from market making on BTC with very small test account. I'm doing it manually and having to place hundreds of trades. There are definitely some interesting dynamics when the market moves. I have put in above the market with resting order and tried to hit the button immediately. Curiously, I was able to near the top book or level but then what was interesting is without even any trades, the book was able to fill above me as new orders were placed in front of mine. This obviously would be less likely to happen in the futures.

It would only give you one side though, of course. You would still have to the other side unless you kept those open and only canceled the side you didnt need.