Learning Python vs a specific platform lang like EasyLang or Amibroker AFL? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Learning Python vs a specific platform lang like EasyLang or Amibroker AFL?

Atlanta

Opportunity cost is a major concern for me. I'm already learning Python and have done a few data manipulation and automation programs with it, nothing major just hacking around, Googling for answers and I made a few things work for my main job.

I want to eventually get into running Algo and it seems like most pro platforms that have well documented APIs have all their examples in C++. I might learn just enough C++ to I guess interop? with my main language python.

I actually want to get into machine learning and using my personal data of how/when I win/lose to create an algo that can learn from my trading and create some best practices that won't just help me with my algo but with my manual trading.

I also want to create some chartless scalp based indicators as well.

The following user says Thank You to MichaelFlowTrader for this post: