Learning Python vs a specific platform lang like EasyLang or Amibroker AFL? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Learning Python vs a specific platform lang like EasyLang or Amibroker AFL?

Sydney Australia

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG,NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: Oil, ES, Bund, Currencies

Coming from almost exactly the same situation as yours myself, I suggest you start with platform specific language. Easylang and NinjaScript are the best bet. You wonít waste your effort because the skill you build in learning it will not go to waste. You will pick up Python relatively fast if you end up deciding you want to persue it further.

Itís just more time efficient and resource efficient to start off with EasyLanguage or NT especially you are a busy man.

But if you also wish to learn Python as a skillset to aid ur career, def go for it.

I personally went through the route of Excel, to CQG, to NT, to MATLAB and now Python. I made each transition because I realised their limitations but I still use most of them nowadays because on the other side, each tool/language has their own strengths.

I donít think there is right or wrong answer here. So I suggest you to pick one and get cracking, you will quickly learn whether it suits you or not.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io futures trading

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to teee for this post: