Trading mini Nikkei - MJNK through Ninjatrader 7 | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Trading mini Nikkei - MJNK through Ninjatrader 7

Sydney, NSW, Australia

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, Python, C#
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: MJNK, ASX, SPI

fiftyeight View Post
I am back playing this stup1d game.

With my current work schedule I cannot make any other session work but the Asian session.

Looks like the options are

Change to Sierra Charts, pay insane $$$ for esignal or give IB data crack

Hey fiftyeight,

I spent the last 18 months trying all the above;

- IB super cheap commissions for N225M, unusable data (and i really tried, the volume data is crap)

- eSignal, Good data, does not play well with any other platform, L2 data can not be used in the few supporting 3rd party platforms (ninja, Investor RT)

- Sierra Charts, best platform, does not have osaka nikkei data supported in their feed, but you can use CQG data which has limited history and issue with session times (sessions are not reported correctly, issue with sunday/monday)

- MarketDelta (CQG IC rebadge), solid platform but same data issues, I liked Sierra better.

Personally I gave up on the mini nikkei recently, the RTH volatility has evaporated for the last 18 months.

The following user says Thank You to amoeba for this post: