Must have books for "Price Action" trading. | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Must have books for "Price Action" trading.

Brisbane Queensland Australia

Seems to be a consensus on " indicators are useless " and whilst this is primarily true if you dont understand Price Action . I used to be in that boat myself . I do advocate learning Price Action as a first step on getting basics in TA " BUT" once you have Price Action nailed down what better way to quantify and systemize this price action knowledge than by measuring and filtering it . Now this comes to the point i am trying to make here . Once you actually know what you are trying to measure/filter indicators are invaluable . Indicators are a mathematical formula , pretty well the only way to get binary decision making . Once you can select/design an indicator/formula to measure a tangible definable snapshot of price action you have opened up a whole new world . Just saying , keep an open mind

One of my fave books is ' Evidence-Based Technical Analysis: Applying the Scientific Method and Statistical Inference to Trading Signals ' a must read imo