Big computer setup need to the next step? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Big computer setup need to the next step?

Madison, Wi

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader, Trade Navigator
Favorite Futures: CL,GC, HG

I run 4 monitors with 2 markets on each monitor. I do however admit to having a 3 monitor brain. Fortunately it isn't unusual to have a couple of markets that aren't doing anything. I do not have the patience to watch one market do nothing all day, but can watch many do nothing all day. You will find that some monitors on your layout are easier to see than others. That is where you put your favorite or best moving markets. Totally agree with simple charts and get one of the best units you can afford. Some platforms won't run correctly unless it is a really good computer. Find out what are the minimum requirements for the platform you are using. Only use my trading computer for trading. Email, and other non trading junk go thru a beater laptop. Feel sorry for platform personnel who have to deal with someone's problems after buying a big box laptop for trading.