Trader at a BBQ | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Trader at a BBQ

Madison, Wi

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader, Trade Navigator
Favorite Futures: CL,GC, HG

Had this exact same conversation multiple times at a wedding last weekend. Most of the other side of family couldn't believe it when I told them I trade commodities for a living. I knew in advance that most were farmers who grew corn and beans and would probably be giving me a look or something of a hard time. Told one that I work in an different kind of air conditioned cab, don't have to put up with John Deere software, weather, the governments prices, 'interest rates, fuel prices, etc. One asked me if I traded corn. Told him no, the grains are all screwed up right now, there are other markets much easier to make money with. Another asked what kind of crystal ball did I have....

My side doesn't really get what I do. They do know that we aren't hurting financially....

Really like the part of watching the faces of people when you tell them what you do. If don't want to deal with it, I just tell them I deal with financial risk and money management.

The following 4 users say Thank You to dbarno for this post: