LET'S TALK ABOUT ALGO TRADING | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

LET'S TALK ABOUT ALGO TRADING

North Carolina

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Favorite Futures: es

Some people will sell working systems. I am thinking of selling some of my systems off. The reason a developer might sell a working system are:
  • Not enough capital to trade it or need to raise some money
  • Too similar too other systems, i.e. developer doesn't need any more mean reversion systems
  • Tired of taking risk or doesn't have a risk appetite.
  • Stoke fire to develop new and improved systems.
  • Just to see what happens, curiosity. See how long it takes a working edge to quit working when shared with public. Perhaps it would yield useful information or not.
  • To encourage competition against your adversary. Think if you're not an HFT trader then what's the best thing to do? Share everything you know about HFT. Encourage others to trade HFT. Drive profits to zero.

I have also seen profitable systems published for free. The reasons are usually either to (1) promote themselves or demonstrate their capabilities to hedge funds or other investors or garner reputation among peers, (2) academic mindset, (3) desire to collaborate or find other traders/developers who will offer them value, (4) a desire to share as part of their working process.

Last edited by tpredictor; August 18th, 2017 at 01:51 PM.