Is making money by trading FDAX that easy? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Is making money by trading FDAX that easy?

Guesser
Reading UK

Trading Experience: None
Platform: Custom
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: My 3 boys

rassi View Post
Grant, can you expand on dax shredding levels please, not sure what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I signed up this week for access to Eurex and was having a look at fesx, fdxm, fdax, and fgbl. I was looking at the order book to see 'thickness' and the levels on fdax were getting cleared out real quickly...too quick for me. When I looked there were 10 or less resting orders per level.

So at EUR 12.50 per tick, where 4 levels can be cleared out in seconds, I can snap my fingers and Im down EUR50 on a single contract. When its that slippery how far out do I need to get my stop to get away from the noise? 30 ticks? I dont trade with fixed stop amounts I work off market structure so Id imagine at times my stop would need to be further out than 30 ticks.

At a minimum:
30 tick stop x 3 contracts @ 12.5 = EUR1,125.

Too big for me because I always take into account what my mental state would be with 10 losses in a row. That worst case scenario would put me behind by EUR11,250 which would take a while to get over emotionally and mentally. Id rather be down EUR5.625 on the mini because I know I can deal with it and pull myself together . Ive been in in the hole -20k before in forex so I know how emotionally traumatic it can be and how long it takes to recover the senses (I was fu**** for weeks after that session ).

Hope that makes sense.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to Grantx for this post: