Cheapest data for sim only | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Cheapest data for sim only

Albany, New York, USA & sometimes Central Florida

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate+Jigsaw, TOS
Broker/Data: Tradovate/CQG, TOS/Pony Express
Favorite Futures: Energies, Indexes, Grains

Live data is free in TD ameritrade /Thinkorswim if you have an account there already. I know of some who started an account there and lost most of their money there but kept the account open with a balance of $10 and that allowed them to get free live data to trade Sim on. That said however the futures data for Thinkorswim and their sim order matching algorithm are not very great for getting an accurate comparison to live trading, especially if you're trading very short time frames. The fills are a little to beneficial and can make it seem like "this is easy". Maybe if your long term swing trading it's not such an issue. Either way it's nice to have data and their platform for comparisons but if serious about Futures trading their "filtered" data and commission's are BIG turn offs.

I think if you have an account with Ninja you can sim trade all you want on their continuum data.

It seem that many places will offer free sim trading as long as you open account.

Hope that helps,
Mighty

PS sorry I didn't read the full post where at the end you said not able to open brokerage account yet.

Last edited by Mightynorsman; July 30th, 2017 at 10:47 AM. Reason: should have read the askers full post
The following user says Thank You to Mightynorsman for this post: