Instant fills on SL but relatively longer wait for limit orders? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Instant fills on SL but relatively longer wait for limit orders?

Wherever I want to be

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: FGBL CL

rintin2x View Post
@Opstar yeah i tried limit stop order and got executed exactly like regular stop order. My thinking probably the same logic as getting in limit order so i wonder what that order for if it's pretty much the copy of other order just different name??? Lol. I haven't really experimenting with other stop orders.

If I understand correctly, you're not using the code (don't have it)? It can be considered an edge you know. How many times you see the price hit your stop and went back without going a tick past your stop?

The only way i can think of is by eyeing the dom and hit market order before the # of contracts is depleted, but of course automating that would be better because can't be fast enough by clicking

Stop-limit order does minimize slippage, albeit at the cost of risking not getting filled and price keep moving past you.

The coding i mentioned or rather algorithms being employed are in use already. There are softwares for these things, e.g. I think bookmap currently has the capability for you to set it up. I personally don't find an edge in these things because I'm not using these types of order flow analytics for my method.

The following user says Thank You to Opstar for this post: