Instant fills on SL but relatively longer wait for limit orders? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Instant fills on SL but relatively longer wait for limit orders?

Wherever I want to be

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: FGBL CL

rintin2x View Post
Yeah thinking the same way, is there a stop order where you get stop out kind of the same logic when you get in with limit order?

I don't think you can have a que of stop orders in line like the limit orders because 1) you can't really see other people's stop-orders (unless you are the broker who is providing a server to the stop order placed)
2) even stop-limit orders are essentially market orders if the price ticks just 1 below/above it.

I have seen ways to code the stop order so that it responds to what's happening such as certain number of contracts trades before stop order gets filled or the current book on bid/ask increases/decreases by whatever number, ratio, etc. before acting and combination of these things and so on. Otherwise nothing I'm aware of.