Globex Hours (trading gaps?) | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Globex Hours (trading gaps?)

KNOXVILLE TN.

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: nijia trader
Broker/Data: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Favorite Futures: ym

SuperBliss View Post
Are there gaps in trading of a futures that trades on Globex such as GC? I'm looking at a chart using a 24/7 template yet there is a gap on the chart in one area. It is the only gap I have seen on globex futures 24/7 charts, so I am wondering if this is just a software glitch or something to do with back adjusted data..or if there are Globex gaps?

if you take the settlement in the RTH and then look at the next RTH open print. if price is trading above or below settlement at the open.. some consider that overnight trading a gap too. it is not a market makers gap , where price is market up or down on pre-market orders at open, that they have received overnight. the reason it is a type of trading gap is the market has moved over night on little volume. this kind of gap is often filled by 1030 est. the market maker gap you are referencing do not fill as often.

The following user says Thank You to forgiven for this post: