GC Market Order Slippage | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

GC Market Order Slippage

Los Angeles, CA /USA

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra, CQG, Gain, Transa
Favorite Futures: Crude Oil

SuperBliss View Post
1. Hello, if I use market orders trading a live strategy on GC what kind of slippage can i expect trading 1 contract?
2. Or, if I were to use limit orders instead, approximately how often would they not get filled?

Thanks

It really depends on how fast the market is and the bid -ask at that moment. Most of the times market order will get filled at the avg of 1 tick spread between the bid and ask, however, there are times before reports, right after reports or when market breaks new highs/ new lows and stops get hit when you will experience larger slippage than you anticipate.

i have seen slippage of 2-3$ on FOMC days, economic reports or when market moves fast with large volume.

PM with any questions about Cannon Trading (800) 454-9572 (310) 859-9572. Trading commodity futures, forex and options involves substantial risk of loss. The recommendations contained in this post are of opinion only and do not guarantee any profits. These are risky markets and only risk capital should be used. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to CannonTrading for this post: