The question of an edge | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

The question of an edge

Birmingham UK

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: TST/Rithmic
Favorite Futures: YM/Gold

Grantx View Post
A day trader must monitor all aspects of themselves at all times; just the same way that you monitor your algorithm's expectancy at all times. In my world there is not one thing who's importance overrides all else. Expectancy will tell me how well I've done to date, but tomorrow is another day. If I'm disciplined in all areas of my approach then I can maintain a positive expectancy.

Numero Uno.

Great post, this is a good discussion for all of us.

For the record a good while back I did 2100% in 3 months with 177 discretionary five minute binary trades with a win rate of 67%, so I figure the expectancy was decent, maybe even 'super normal'. Then I blew it up because I went all experimental and failed completely on Numero Uno.

The two cannot be separated and I am still trying to recover from the divorce. Expectancy on its own means nothing if you are stupid with leverage or cannot control the inner forces.

Cheers

Travel Well
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to ratfink for this post: