Sales Fees per AUM | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Sales Fees per AUM

Market Wizard
Boca Raton

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Variety
Broker/Data: Optimus Futures, LLC
Favorite Futures: Futures

Minds View Post
Thanks Matt,

I would like to know how much HFs pays third-party salesman.

Do you have any idea of how much they get from the 2/20? Do they get part of the fix and variable or only get compensated from management fee?

As I have mentioned, HFs can vary in terms of the compensation they provide. If you ask me specifically, "how much", I do not know because your question is general and does not have one universal answer. Call the HF you want to represent and ask.

I can tell you, in general, CTAs for example could pay licensed brokers up to 20% of the 2/20 in order to keep the commissions low and create an environment that is fair to all, customer, broker and CTA. I would assume that in the HF, they may go for the same arrangement. Just using my experience, I could tell you that highly established HFs would most likely pay less as they have substantial AUM. Those with less AUM, may potentially offer more.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

PM with any questions about optimusfutures (800) 771-6748 (561) 367 8686. THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING.