Trading mini Nikkei - MJNK through Ninjatrader 7 | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Trading mini Nikkei - MJNK through Ninjatrader 7

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: JIGSAW/SIERRA CHART
Broker/Data: MacQuarie Futures/AMP Clearing/CQG
Favorite Futures: HHI, HSI, FDAX

warcious View Post
AMP supports mini Nikkei index on Osaka Exchange, and it works in Sierra charts etc... but Ninjatrader does not support historical data for this instrument as of yet, so we need to request they start supporting it.
Apparently you can activate saving historical data in NT7, but I have not managed to get it right yet.
You can see the prices in the DOM but not in a chart yet. The limitation is on NTs side and not on AMP apparently.
I am still researching this and waiting for replies from both AMP and NT.

Let me try and clear this up for you regarding historical data. IT needs a server, CQG or any data vendor is giving you level I or II or both, but they don't provide historical unless you use their platforms (i.e. CGQ will give historical data on their platform $$$) and access their historical data servers. Ninjatrader have their own historical data servers for most popular product, excepting the SPI and the MJNK...and whatever else they deem as "unpopular".

You have the ability to save chart data as historical in NT but obviously it takes years to build up "years" of historical chart data, hense the term historical.

Can't imagine it any more simple than this, you either start building your own data or switch to a platform that has the historical data.

Can't comment on Sierra's historical data but if its consistent with everything else they so i'd have a high expectation.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote