Trading mini Nikkei - MJNK through Ninjatrader 7 | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Trading mini Nikkei - MJNK through Ninjatrader 7

Sydney, NSW, Australia

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, Python, C#
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: MJNK, ASX, SPI

warcious View Post
Have you investigated the Futures on SGX or SPI on Australian Exchange? Are they trending well?
I am only using Ninjatrader7, so it is important that I can see the historical data on my charts.

I have not looked into SGX, I know they also have a mini Nikkei but i would prefer to trade the Ose one.

SPI I watch every day, it moves very nicely, I do not trade the futures contract, only CFD's, so I can still maintain multiple contracts per position for scaling. I do use the futures data for my chart & dom (Sierra), but execute through FXCM's platform.

I have used CQG for SPI & mini Nikkei and it has historical data (only 18 months for OSE though, since they picked it up). I think you can get a demo from AMP Futures that will give you a few weeks of CQG data to test out.