How does one identify which Sundays that will be open for trading? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

How does one identify which Sundays that will be open for trading?

Berlin, Europe

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: Keyboard

ShatteredX View Post
Does this apply to historical data that I downloaded from IQFeed while my computer was set to a different time zone?

Example: I downloaded historical data for the 07-15 CL contract tick data while set to East timezone. Two years later, my computer is now set to Central time. I can't redownload the 07-15 CL tick data because it's older than six months. Will my tick charts be wrong? Does deleting the cache fix this or no?

To be honest, I don't think I am affected by this since my main computer has always been in Central timezone but I'll have to check now.

When your PC is set to ET when you download historical data, all timestamps of historical data are in ET.

When you change the timezone of your PC to CT, all time stamps of historical data are in CT.

When you try to display historical data

- that you downloaded while your PC was set to ET
- with the PC now set to CT

all this data will be one hour off.

This is because your data was timestamped ET, but those timestamps are now interpreted as CT.

In short, when you change the timezone of your PC, all your historical data becomes useless and you need to download it again.

The following 2 users say Thank You to Fat Tails for this post: