How does one identify which Sundays that will be open for trading? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

How does one identify which Sundays that will be open for trading?

Berlin, Europe

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: Keyboard

zag2107 View Post
Thanks for your replies.

Reason I was doubting was because when I looked into my charts it seemed as if it randomly didn't show several of different sundays where june the fourth was one of the examples. I'm using NT and after rebooting I see June fourth. I changed my time settings earlier without rebooting perhaps the timestamps got messed up.

When you change the time settings of your PC or the time settings of NInjaTrader (only possible with NT8 under Tools -> Options -> General -> Preferences -> Time Zone) all your trade data becomes obsolete.

Trade data is timestamped in the selected time zone and cannot be used anymore when you change the time zone.

Make your decision now and never change it afterwards

Best decide now which time zone you wish to use to display your charts. And then stick to that decision unless you are looking for trouble!

The following 2 users say Thank You to Fat Tails for this post: