Stage 5 Trading's Anthony Giacomin (Managing Partner) - Ask Me Anything (AMA) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Stage 5 Trading's Anthony Giacomin (Managing Partner) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Chicago IL/USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: S5 Trader
Broker/Data: Stage 5 Trading
Favorite Futures: ZN, ES, GC, FESX, Stocks

Sg7JR View Post
I know you mentioned Dorman, but what other FCMs are available through S5 Trading? Couldn't find the info on your website. Thanks.

@Sg7JR!!

My apologies for the delay in this reply. For some reason I missed this post. Very sorry about that. Two year late is better than never....I hope. :/

Stage 5 works with the following FCMs: Dorman Trading, GAIN Capital Group, Ironbeam, Philliip Capital, and we have some other relationships that are available to us if need be. As an Independent Introducing Broker, we are able to work with many different FCMs which all have different strengths. This gives us the opportunity to customize a trading solution that hopefully best fits each traders unique needs.

I think this is the wholesale - retail business model at its finest. It is very similar to a mortgage broker that can offer loans from many different banks. The mortgage broker specializes in providing customized one on one services allowing them to find one of the best loans available per that individual's scenario (LTV, Credit Score, Income, Net Worth, etc.). Each bank has a different portfolio that creates opportunities with specific loans. Since banks are wholesalers they also don't have the infrastructure to service people individually. Where the mortgage broker's job is based on servicing individuals. A person can walk into a B of A and receive a higher rate than the same loan the mortgage broker can provide. This retail model incentives service. The individual is provided with a better loan, better experience, and better rate than the wholesaling bank can provide. The best part is that the bank then pays the mortgage broker for introducing the business, which I think is a win-win-win.

Stage 5 has multiple clearing relationships to do the exact same. We can offer a wide array of platforms and data feeds. In fact, the S5 Trade Analyzer was created using CQG/Continuum for that exact purpose. This way any trader that uses a platform with CQG/Continuum data can use the S5 Trade Analyzer for free!

I hope that helps and please let us know if you have any questions or we can help with anything further.

Thanks,
Anthony

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures, Options on Futures, and retail off-exchange foreign currency transactions involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.
Follow me on Twitter
The following 2 users say Thank You to Stage5 Anthony for this post: