What brokerages are you using/do you recommend for short term futures trading? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

What brokerages are you using/do you recommend for short term futures trading?

Legendary Market Chamois
Chicago, IL

Trading Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS,FOREX.COM app
Broker/Data: InteractiveBrokers, NinjaTrader Brokerage FOREX.COM, IQFeed
Favorite Futures: The one I'm creating in the present....ES, ZF, ZN, ZB, FX pairs

t0030tr View Post
IB does have good security, but data feed is agg and api with NT is clunky. Also margins high as well during rth compared to AMP. If you are new to trading, I would not start out with a 15k account or more. Margins are $500 a contract during rth with AMP so you could start with a much lower account which I would highly recommend.

Sent using the futures.io mobile app

I recently started to use IB's gateway connection and find I like it much better than TraderWorkStation (TWS), IB's platform.

With the gateway I can have the connection up all the time there are no server resets that kick you off once a day like with TWS. Runs super smooth, too bad I only discovered the gateway option about a month ago. Shame on me.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

It is an axiomatic fact that while you meditate you are speaking with your own spirit. In that state of mind you put certain questions to your spirit and the spirit answers: the light breaks forth and the reality is revealed.
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Blash for this post: