help getting Wannacry patch for windows 7 | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

help getting Wannacry patch for windows 7

Market Wizard
Point Roberts, WA, USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker/Data: IB
Favorite Futures: ES

casey44 View Post

Also, fwiw, the tech I take my computer too thinks highly of Microsoft Security Essentials, and my understanding is its updates will have prevented the wannacry.

I already have and had Microsoft Security Essentials which I agree (have also been told its the best) besides being free and I have active on my computer with its autoupdates.

I great bonus is that the updates of MSE create restore points which can come in very handy.

The reports I read did not make it clear that MSE would protect against the wannacry.

What I haven't read is when did NSA know of the vulnerability? has it been many years? Did NSA actually create the vulnerability - that is see the weakness in the Server Client and create the exploit code?

Keep your mind in the future, in the now.
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote