Ron's black swan events | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Ron's black swan events

Administrator: Retired Backtester
Rennes France

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: IB/Kinetick
Favorite Futures: Futures

rleplae View Post

The vulnerability is known for 3 weeks, I'm a bit surprised that it took so long for pirates to launch a massive attack like this one, so I don't think we'll see something similar soon (at least with this NSA tool call EternalBlue).
When this vulnerability was detected (old Windows machine are vulnerable, XP and 2003 Server) all the tools to launch such attacks were also available online to everybody: how to scan all Internet quickly to detect vulnerable machines and how to attack them.
I did some tests on a Windows XP machine in my lab and it was quick easy to get access to it, then do whatever you want (like encrypting all files).
The NSA coders are super stars, their code is very good, too bad that it seems to always go online to be used by very bad guys...

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to sam028 for this post: