Make sure of session times | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Make sure of session times

Legendary Guesser
Reading UK

Trading Experience: None
Platform: Custom
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: My 3 boys

matthew28 View Post
Your Dow time is correct, not sure about the others. The equities are closed from 10-11pm, current UK time. But it changes for a week or two in the spring and autumn as the US alter their clocks for summertime slightly differently to us. I use this website for that: Daylight Saving Time - When do we change our clocks?

I also put my computer on to US Eastern Time which helped make things more consistent for me and my charting package.

And lastly, I know Topstep Trader for instance like people to be flat for two hours, not just one.
"All positions must be closed prior to 3:10:00 PM CT. You can then restart trading at 5:00:00 PM CT."
So that is basically ten minutes after the US stock market close, and 5 minutes before the US Equity futures Settlement and the fifteen minute trading halt:
E-mini Dow ($5) Futures Contract Specs - CME Group
In current UK time that is 9.10-11pm. personally I would avoid the whole two hours at least, not just the one.

Thanks for the info Matthew I never thought of changing clock time to the US session. Although I don't think I have ever traded at that time of night going into the close, it still bothers me that I'm not 100% sure of the market close time.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Grantx for this post: