Looking for feedback on a futures signal service I am considering starting | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Looking for feedback on a futures signal service I am considering starting

New Orleans, Louisiana

Looking for feedback on a futures signal service I am considering starting

Hello fellow futures traders,

I trade the e-mini S&P 500 and use a proprietary system that generates signals. I've done quite well with it (about a 90% success rate with 5% break evens and 5% losses) and am considering starting a website where I sell the signals. I know that I will have to give the signals away for free for some period of time to display the accuracy of the system. So, I am looking for feedback:

Other than giving the signals away for a period of time, is there any other good way to prove the validity of my claims?

Do you think a price point of $500/month would deter people? I don't want to price it so low that I undercut myself, but I also do not want to scare people away. I figure I can offer to charge only if a certain number of points are earned per month, otherwise no charge.

Any ideas on advertising methods? So far, I've been considering Google pay per click, but there seems to be a lot of competition out there. My main concern is figuring out exactly how I can differentiate myself to show that I have a good product to offer.

Any ideas on how to prevent people from sharing the signals with others? Part of the reason I feel such a high price per month is appropriate is not only because of the success of the system (I won't charge unless it generates a 25 point profit per month) but also in the hopes that it will act as a deterrent from people posting it due to how much they are paying to receive it.

Thanks for your help. I'm not entirely sure if I am going to go through with this, but I figured this would be a good community to get ideas from.

If there is anything that someone feels I have overlooked, please feel free to comment. I'm still in the information gathering phase. I know I'll be asked this so I'll address it- why do I want to sell the signals? I've always had an entrepreneurial spirit in me to have my own business that is successful, and this I think is the best opportunity since it's a subject matter that I have a good knowledge about.