Ninjatrader FXCM tick data | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Ninjatrader FXCM tick data

newport

Ninjatrader FXCM tick data

hi

i was wondering whether anyone else has this problem when using tick data and ninjatrader and whether there were any alternatives.

I trade USDJPY using a unirenko type chart and I scalp.

i have a problem with my data changing at the end of the day following a reload. I dont reload anything during the day, so the data is uninterrupted from the start of the session.

Ninjatrader say that they expect this? That they expect data to be different after a reload.

basically what can i do??

I should just expect a big difference after a reload at the end of the day?
accept that my back testing is pointless. Accept the data i see may potentially change and therefore invalidate all trades taken? accept that im basically gambling on trades and hope that their correct?accept that all price action may or may not be correct? accept that the way the bars look may or may not be correct?
How can i, in anyway be confident that the data im receiving is correct? When a reload at the end of the day changes data and invalidates a lot of trades?

If anyone else has these problems and has found an alternative. Or if this is just a problem with every type of tick chart/provider then please let me know

Many thanks
Chris