Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Anybody heard of topsteptrader (review)

Point Roberts, WA, USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker/Data: IB
Favorite Futures: ES

PilotTrader View Post
I know you are trying to make a point but gross exaggeration will not get you there! No way it takes 'most students' 40 to 60 hours to solo dude, sorry, but that's simply not true.

while this whole pilot thing is less-than-mildly-interesting off-topic ramble was not the point in the original post:

"This sounds like a good thing, right? Well, what they slipped in at the end of the article is that the profit target is now double what it had been prior to these changes. "Funded Trader Preparation will now have the same profit targets as the Trading Combine". Keep in mind that in FTP you can only trade a fraction of the contracts you can trade in the combine until you reach a preset account balance. In FTP you also have to deal with a weekly loss limit which is equal to the daily lost limit. Neither of these constraints exist in the combine.

So basically in order to get funded you'll need to walk a tightrope (additional weekly loss limit) with one hand tied behind your back (reduced contracts) yet still achieve the same profit target. Does this sound reasonable to anybody?"

I haven't seen replies addressing this point and this point is about TST.

Perhaps a reply to this?

Keep your mind in the future, in the now.
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote