4 weeks into orderfflow | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

4 weeks into orderfflow

Vendor: www.jigsawtrading.com 
Bangkok

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts.NET, S5, Ninj
Broker/Data: AMP, S5, IB
Favorite Futures: ES

matthew28 View Post
Hi Pete,
I laughed when I initially read your post thinking you were being funny but then decided you weren't.
Order flew isn't a phrase I have ever heard before. Can you elaborate a little more on the meaning as I am finding, on first reading, those two sentences seem to contradict each other a little, or cover a wide range. The first talking about the past, "what traded where" (the tape/traded volume); and the second, what I think of as being the present or future. And also 'order flew' sounds like consideration of how price moves away from an area?

I think Grant covered it but...

Order Flow - the way it's moving, trading into prices, pace of the market, getting stuck at prices

Order Flew - mostly volume profile/footprint analysis - a look at what traded where/where positions are/where stops may be

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io "Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Jigsaw Trading for this post: