4 weeks into orderfflow | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

4 weeks into orderfflow

Guesser
Reading UK

Trading Experience: None
Platform: Custom
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: My 3 boys

4 weeks into orderfflow

Where Im at
  1. Charts are historical. Orderflow is now. You need both.
  2. Chart levels and volume zones line up almost perfectly. Using both sets you up for awesome scenarios and target levels.
  3. Watching the reconstructed tape or time and sales is excellent for seeing institutional orders and trading with that volume.
  4. The DOM is excellent for seeing retail involvement VS institutional.
  5. Volume profiling is overrated. PA support and resistance is overrated. Factoring both into your decisions is where the power lies.
  6. Break your day into sessions. Personally I work well with 30-40mins and about 10-15 mins break in between. When your mind starts going walkabout, take a break.
  7. Shut off all distractions. Its only you and the market.

And a final little tidbit for anyone reading this. Stop analysing with your right hemisphere, shut that f**** off. Use your subconscious; it is multi threaded and a trillion times more powerful than your best conscious effort. You will start to see without any effort. Takes a helluva lot of practice though and you need to get with the meditation thing.

Good luck.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 5 users say Thank You to Grantx for this post: