Can certain products NOT be traded on SIM? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Can certain products NOT be traded on SIM?

Super Moderator
London UK

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker/Data: S5
Favorite Futures: Futures

fivewhy View Post
This is just a stab in the dark...obviously if the SIM accounts can be accessed without a live account and without paying data fees...the exchange doesn't want to hand out free data.

But of course you're paying data fees....so why shouldn't you be able to trade them?

I'm thinking it has to do w the agreement between CQG and the exchange/s. Iow, it could probably be worked out but no one has really tried.

I also just learned that CQG uses EP as symbol rather than ES for emini SP500, for certain brokers on certain platforms...not all but some. And no one seems to know exactly why this is, not even the broker. I'm not saying these things are related, but it's a pattern of things that don't make immediate sense to me.

Exactly, why shouldn't one be able to trade those given one is paying for access... besides you have access to all symbols with IQfeed which means the 'compliance' thing sounds implausible.

Yes, CQG uses an odd naming convention for most symbols - mattz seems to think it may be down to legacy reasons, but as you say nobody knows for sure...