Why does the CL seem to be trending better overnight? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Why does the CL seem to be trending better overnight?

Tampa FL

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Charts/TOS
Broker/Data: Future Path/TDA/S5
Favorite Futures: Futures/Cryptos

matthew28 View Post
Don't you mean less algos/bots in the ETH session?
I would have thought there is a lot more algo activity in the RTH session, rather than the Asian and European morning session, because that is when the majority of the volume goes through and the large institutions, commercials and funds are actively trading or positioning.

I look at it in that the ratio to automated trading to real live (human) trading. No doubt there's a lot of program trading going on during the day, but there's also a huge amount of "real" traders in there.

I trade the ETH / Overnight sessions and often, even if I'm not trading I'm observing and there are some distinct trends that are easy to identify at certain time intervals. Nanex has run numerous studies and has presented some interesting data observations.

Edit: I should clarify that most of my observations are in reference to the /ES markets and not so much /CL which is the topic of this thread.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretsky

Last edited by CenFlo; March 4th, 2017 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Info added.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to CenFlo for this post: