Data feed quality for free Minja platform? | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Data feed quality for free Minja platform?

Administrator: Retired Backtester
Rennes France

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: IB/Kinetick
Favorite Futures: Futures

sienna View Post
Could someone enlighten me? I'd be very appreciative:

I have a multibroker Ninja licence from which I SIM and live trade, using Dorman and Contiunum on my own PC.

However, I need a 2nd platform for SIM trading on a VPS. using a very different auto trading strategy which uses Ninja8. The VPS would be dedicated to this auto trading strategy, nothing else. I want to SIM backtest and SIM forward test for a few months and also test using Market replay. So I want to save on data costs, until I go live, if this is a wise move.

If I load the free Ninja Platform onto my VPS, what data comes with it?
Is it only end of day data?
If it is minute data, is the data reliable in Continuum?
Can Market Replay be used?

If necessary I will pay for a datafeed, but I am trying to avoid doing so, until I go Live.

Thanks

If I load the free Ninja Platform onto my VPS, what data comes with it?
Kinetick EOD only, no real time data feed for free.

Is it only end of day data?
Yes

If it is minute data, is the data reliable in Continuum?Yes

Can Market Replay be used?
Yes

Some brokers allows a second data/order connection (at a lower cost, or not) so you should ask them directly.
I think only Interactive Brokers let you do without additional cost (a live TWS on a machine, a paper account on another one) but it's not a good real time data feed (filtered), you can't easily download a lot of historical data, etc.

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to sam028 for this post: