2 weeks into Order flow | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

2 weeks into Order flow

Market Wizard
SF Bay Area + CA/US

Trading Experience: None
Platform: TS, TOS, Ninja(Analytics)
Favorite Futures: NQ CL, ES when volatile mrkts

DionysusToast View Post
This is excellent advice.

Watching order flow can both connect you to the market AND cause overtrading by having you jump at shadows...

I would say that you don't need to start on Bonds. It's a matter of picking a market that suits you. You could, for instance play momentum moves on CL/ES that you'd only see once a month in the bonds.

Great advice by Pete. Also i would like to add check Jigsaw vids eith by Jigsaw or others posted on youtube. You will find numerous examples of breakouts and momentum runs. Then after that if one has their DOM setup one can observe this time and again on ES as an example.

Anyways one good momentum run...& if you were trading levels you also know where the stops are. If one cannot identify these...dont be discouraged. Screen time will get you to where you need to be. Rome was not built in a day.
Good vid
but there are numerous of these.

A screenshot below..again momentum run....this happens on ES every single day. Vol step and huge orders with momentum. If on the Long Side....even though big Sell market/Big Sell Limits come....The Long Side absorbs these. Also what helps me is capturing screenshots of the most important things i think...including a market halt at brexit/election....big momentum runs, etc till OF becomes 2nd nature
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Note: here i show Jigsaw...as i use it. But anything you use or develop can show the exact samething.

Add:- Adding momentum run from todays mrkt open. Again steps in prof...
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

cheers and goodluck

Last edited by paps; February 20th, 2017 at 03:32 AM.
The following user says Thank You to paps for this post: