Volume stops | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Volume stops

Legendary Guesser
Reading UK

Trading Experience: None
Platform: Prorealtime
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: My 3 boys

Volume stops

Does anyone have any experience with volume stops? On a thick market I reckon they could be very useful. correct me if Im wrong here:

10-Year T-Note with 2000 contracts per level. If I place a volume stop 2 ticks away from entry, I am giving myself an edge by almost getting 3 ticks for the price of two? With a volume stop, you will be hidden at the back of the queue.
The problem is that Ninja platform handles this locally so there is absolutely no edge. Latency and the possibility of my pc crashing are reasons I wouldn't implement this method. But CQG offer this functionality on their trading platform and the request is handled server side with the added advantage that the CQG servers are co-located in the CME datacenter(or so I have read).

If you use volume stops, how do you do it and do you find it useful?

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote