2 weeks into Order flow | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

2 weeks into Order flow

Guesser
Reading UK

Trading Experience: None
Platform: Custom
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: My 3 boys

Forgiven:
I am interested to hear more about trading the spread and the inter market play between instruments. Would you care to elaborate a bit more or drop another piece of the puzzle so that I can attempt to figure it out?
My preference so far looks like itís going to be ZN as its thick, more controlled, less chance of slippage and easier to get out of bad positions.
KelvinKing:
Yeah I donít know why but it has calmed me down significantly. My methods so far is to identify zones and once price reaches the zone I start watching the ladder more closely for clues on whatís happening. I think looking at the ladder continuously would scramble my brain and cause me to start seeing fluffy pink unicorns with purple leather wings flying around in front of me. So basically I dont stare at it all the time, rather choose the right time to use it.

Attached is a demo trade I did yesterday (Im testing scalping small targets with tight stops and leaving runners open). I was waiting to see what would happen at this level and the ladder clearly showed a shift in bias. Delta turned negative, there was massive absorption on the ask which held , sellers were clearly stacking, and there was a reversal signal on the chart. Had I only been looking at the chart I wouldnít have had anything else to go on except for a level and a weak reversal signal. The ladder gave me more confidence to execute at that level.

Attached Thumbnails
2 weeks into Order flow-zb-03-17-1-unirenko-20-2017_02_17.png  
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote