2 weeks into Order flow | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

2 weeks into Order flow

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: NinjaTrader Brokerage, Continuum
Favorite Futures: FESX, FGBL

Grantx View Post
It is still early days but I think that I have made the right decision to learn orderflow. I have only been watching for a week and a half now but I find that I hardly need the charts; in fact they are only there to draw a few levels as I get more out of watching the dom than watching a chart. It has made me a LOT less anxious, and I think itís because I can now see just how much gets traded every second of the day and just how insignificant I am in this market.
Anyone else have a story about their first steps into learning orderflow?

Funny that you mentioned that, but after being a ladder based trader for over 2 years now, I find that staring at the order flow makes me MORE anxious. I recently have been trying to move away from being to attached to the order flow and using more limit orders in my trades.

Don't get me wrong, I still use the ladder, but only a very selective times when I'm not very sure about where to enter the market. Once I enter, I don't bother too much about the order.

Keep in mind, that you are basically playing a game that is dominated by artificial intelligence (AI). So, it is absolutely right to assume, that what ever you are seeing they have already seen way before you and are trying to exploit it already.

But, as you also mentioned, it is early days... best of luck!

btw, how is this a vendor review?

Cheers!

The following user says Thank You to KelvinKing for this post: