FXCM shut down (banned by CFTC from operating in the USA) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

FXCM shut down (banned by CFTC from operating in the USA)

Chicago IL USA

jodistrict View Post
My FXCM account is still working.

Until Feb 28th ;D

warcious View Post
Are you using MT4 or Ninjatrader?
I believe you dont have as good margin with FX futures as you have with FX currency-pair trading, also the FX Futures does not have much volume, and only few pairs, maybe 7 majors are tradable. Whats your opinion?

yeah futures is expensive for low capital compare to spot forex where you can open an account with hundreds of dollar lol
lol what volume? you have $20 billion dollar account to move that much volume? ;D
Even if you did under spot forex you would not wan trade with that much on retail brokerage level anyways.
Once you get to about a million you would wan use a prime brokerage deleverage.
You should always stick with majors when dealing with forex anyways better for taxes treatment purpose and safety.
I use NT mainly for futures MT4 for spot forex for trade copiers and Multicharts as backup.