MIT vs Limit Orders | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

MIT vs Limit Orders

Chicago, IL

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: X_TRADER, TT
Favorite Futures: ES, NQ, ZN, CL, 6E

You're giving up a tick if you execute MIT. At least a tick. You're also open to greater price risk in thinner markets.

If your limit orders are not getting filled there's something else going on. Monitor your position in queue using the EPIQ column in MD Trader or Market Grid. You'll know your worst case position in queue that way. CME is rolling out MBO as well. MBO will provide actual position in queue at the matching engine. This rollout will be gradual...and there's been some problems already...but this will be a great piece of information for traders to monitor and use in their trading.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io "Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to TradingTech for this post: