MIT vs Limit Orders | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

MIT vs Limit Orders

Tampa florida usa

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Favorite Futures: CL

capitalistdog View Post
Do you personally prefer market to limit orders? I know that many traders have very strong opinions on whether to enter with market or limit orders. I have always assumed that it depends on their own personal experiences and the type of pain they prefer.

I find it interesting that you have noticed little difference between market and MIT orders. I would have thought that the execution of the MIT orders would be much faster, and may also help reduce errors caused by over or under reacting to changes in market pace near the order target. However, that may be more of a lack of skill on my part rather than a real deficiency with market orders.

Thanks for the response, Traderjohn. Greatly appreciated!

Personally I prefer market orders. But do take into consideration that I am not a scalper so a not so great fill does not mean much to me if the overall trade goes my way.

Sent using the futures.io mobile app