MIT vs Limit Orders | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

MIT vs Limit Orders

Legendary Market Chamois
Chicago, IL

Trading Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS,FOREX.COM app
Broker/Data: InteractiveBrokers, NinjaTrader Brokerage FOREX.COM, IQFeed
Favorite Futures: The one I'm creating in the present....ES, ZF, ZN, ZB, FX pairs

Limit and Market orders can be considered our employees or tools. Knowing when to use a certain tool for the job is the key, or for that matter assigning a task to the correct employee to obtain the desired result.

Assessing the current condition of the market just before you execute is paramount in the decision of which tool to use. This takes some level of skill and other tools to acquire this information.

Helpful in this regard I feel are "foot print" type charts, time and sales, DOM... Jigsaw tools work very well for this.

One needs to discern if the limit orders are getting hit to the point that they completely run out and the price moves to the next level/price, or if the limits are being added to and replenished or pulled a lot or if the book is so super deep at this moment in time and the trade at just an average pace that fills are unlikely....

Then very closely related to this of course, because limits only pair with markets, we need to analyze how the market orders are being used as the inherently aggressive action.

Then from these observations we can have a better chance of getting filled... You have now put the odds more in your favor for your fills by this analysis but it's still < 100%.

Ron

It is an axiomatic fact that while you meditate you are speaking with your own spirit. In that state of mind you put certain questions to your spirit and the spirit answers: the light breaks forth and the reality is revealed.
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Blash for this post: