Starting with Market Profile and New here | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Starting with Market Profile and New here

West Branch, Mi, USA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker/Data: TradePro/TransAct
Favorite Futures: NQ, CL

CenFlo View Post
I primarily trade the /ES, on occasion the /NQ or other markets (/DX, /GC or /ZB), but for the most part it's just /ES. I learned earlier in the year that I was trying to trade to many markets and decided to focus on the /ES.

I typically trade the Asian session as the Euro session is to late, but I occasionally will trade the Euro session if my schedule the next day allows it.

I always mark the RTH High / Low for the ETH sessions and put in support lines from where the /ES was trading during the US RTH for clues to what **may** happen during the ETH into Asia.

Japanese > Hong Kong > China is the way the Asian markets open and they have news releases and trends just like we do in our market(s). They also break for lunch, so there are some nuances that they have that we really don't have in our RTH market. They also will have prior day support, so I keep that in mind on which way they **may** move.

I've been trading futures (mainly NQ) for about a year. I'm not real fond of ES, it's to slow for me. I wish I liked the ES, I'd save a lot in commissions.

I traded the European and London open for about 5 years, trading the spot forex.

The following user says Thank You to Rockford for this post: