Starting with Market Profile and New here | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Starting with Market Profile and New here

Tampa FL

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Charts/TOS
Broker/Data: Future Path/TDA/S5
Favorite Futures: Futures/Cryptos

Rockford View Post
@CenFlo
Thanks for getting back with me, I really appreciate it. As I said, I'm new with MP and I primarily trade NQ. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions, if it's ok...

1) Do you use start time at 00:00 EST on your MP & VP charts?

2) I have read a few places, that some traders only focus on yesterdays profiles. Do you put emphasis on yesterday or the current day?

3) Is there any way that you could share your chartbook with me? Also, what does TR: 1s mean on your charts?

Thanks,
Rockford

1. Start times for RTH are just that, 0930 - 1615 (EST) and 1630 - 092959 (EST) for ETH on the /ES contract, same would be with your /NQ as I'm sure you know.

2. The past days are helpful to carry forward information from past days, but I always keep an eye on the developing MP during the RTH. ETH profile isn't quite as important, but it will let you know if the ETH is net short / net long / in balance and may give clues to the opening RTH movement.

3. TR = Time remaining for the current TPO as in each TPO session being 30 minutes.

MP chart book file attached.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretsky
Attached Files
Register to download File Type: cht MP_RTH_ETH.cht (67.7 KB, 29 views)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to CenFlo for this post: